Our school community has a clear Vision for our Primary School.
We want to provide a first class education for the whole community of Upper Norwood, where the following are core values:
- Every child will be challenged to be the best that he or she can be.
- Everyone who is part of the school including parents, carers, staff and governors will have the highest possible aspirations for what the children can achieve.
- The curriculum should be rich, challenging, broad and age appropriate. It should celebrate the diversity and benefits of growing up in a multi-ethnic society and world.
- All pupils will be well prepared to meet the challenges of secondary education, so that they are able to access higher education, the world of work and become positive members of society.
- Every pupil’s spiritual journey is valued. Pupils will be introduced to the study of Christianity, and also helped to understand and acknowledge the integrity of other faiths and the ethical codes of those who do not subscribe to any faith or creed.
- A high priority is given to good manners and respect and the rejection of bullying and aggression. All adults including staff, parents and governors sign up to these values and are accountable for their behaviour with each other and the examples they set for pupils.