Art and Design
Art, craft and design embody some of the highest forms of human creativity. Here at All Saints’ we understand that a high-quality art and design education should engage, inspire and challenge pupils, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of art, craft and design. As pupils progress, pupils are encouraged to think critically and develop a more rigorous understanding of art and design. Our Art and Design curriculum also allows pupils to develop an understanding of how art and design both reflect and shape our history, and contribute to the culture, creativity and wealth of our nation.
The children experience a wide range of creative activities in the Art and Design Technology Department. These include observational drawing, painting, collage, printmaking, textiles and various types of three dimensional skills (clay, papier-mâché, card and recycled materials). Design Technology offers the chance to design and build projects in wood, metal, plastic and other media.
At All Saints’ CofE Primary school, we aim to;
- develop creativity and imagination through a range of complex activities;
- improve the children’s ability to control materials, tools and techniques;
- increase their critical awareness of the roles and purposes of art and design in different times and cultures;
- develop increasing confidence in the use of visual and tactile elements and materials;
- foster an enjoyment and appreciation of the visual arts and knowledge of famous artists.
Please click on the link below to see how Art and DT are included in our curriculum topics: