The aims of Mathematics teaching and learning in the school are:
- To ensure all pupils acquire the skills required to become independent mathematical thinkers with the knowledge and confidence to tackle problem solving and investigational tasks.
- To provide opportunities for all pupils to develop the ability to apply Mathematics within a wide range of contexts and an appreciation of its importance in our everyday lives.
- To encourage each child to achieve their full potential by providing an effective combination of teaching and learning strategies.
- To create easy access to well labelled resources in order to facilitate independent learning.
- To provide an appropriately differentiated curriculum where every child experiences an increase in motivation, confidence, enjoyment and ability.
Please click on the links below for more: